Saturday, April 01, 2006

What's your favorite dance?

Is it possible to have a favorite dance? For me, that's like asking me to choose my favorite child. I love them all, for different reasons, but couldn't possibly love one more or less than the other. When I've been asked what my favorite dance is, I normally reply "Whichever one I'm dancing at the moment".

All the ballroom dances have their own special appeal for me. I love the music and the sassy steps of the cha-cha and the mambo. I adore the way I feel when gliding around the floor to a flowing waltz, or struttin' my stuff to the classic foxtrot. There are few things more sensual to watch or perform than the bolero or the tango. For plain ol' fun, you can't beat the swing. And that just touches on the more 'popular' dances.

So my question for you is this: Which dance do you consider to be your favorite and why? Perhaps your answer might inspire someone to try a dance they've never experienced before. Post your comments and share your love for ballroom dancing with others!